Hearty Meat Lasagna
- 20 lasagna noodles cooked, cooled, patted dry. Don't over-cook.
- 1 lb. Shepherds Dairy Feta goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley
- 1/2 lb. Ground Beef - browned
- 1/2 lb. Sausage - browned
- 1 lg. onion chopped
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1-2 cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 tsp. Oregano
- 1/4 tsp. Basil
- Cayenne to taste
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Chilli Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 8-10 mushrooms - sliced
- 1 can olives - sliced
- 2 Cups grated Mozzarella
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook lasagna noodles as directed. Rinse, and set aside to cool.
- Mix together 1 to 2 eggs, Shepherds Dairy Feta Goat Cheese crumbles , and chopped parsley.
- Brown ground beef, sausage, and onion. Drain.
- Add tomato paste, stewed tomatoes, and spices. Simmer about 10 minutes. Add sliced mushrooms. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Turn stove off and add sliced olives (do not simmer with the olives or the olives will bitter your sauce).
- Spoon 1/4 sauce in the bottom of a large pan.
- Add the egg and Shepherd Dairy Feta Goat Cheese mixture to the remaining sauce.
- Layer 1/3 of the Noodles, 1/3 of the grated cheese, then 1/4 of the sauce. Repeat 2 more times until ingredients are used up ending with the sauce and grated cheese.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour.